Monday, November 16, 2009

Time with the 57 Ford F100


My brother and I went down to Turlock on Sunday to look at the pitman arm situation, and for fun I started putting the front clip together well know I'll need to take it back apart for paint, but I'm really interested in how she's going to sit. So after Rob was doing what he needed to do we put the clip on, the bed on and through one of the doors on so we could get a full visual. Looks pretty good. I'd like to see the front end come down some more, it's sitting a little too level for me. I know we have an option of moving the rear end up, but I'd rather see it lower in the front then anything. Right now the front tires are 225/75 15's so I think if I change them (just the front) to 215/65 15's that will definitely help. Not sure how much, but it's the cheapest, easiest way to do it, I have enough money in that front end, I don't really want to spend anymore.

So next weekend I'll go down and take it all apart again. The rolling chassis has an appointment with the guy that did the c-notch. I need to work out the motor mount at this time. As it is, with the lowering the motor mount is about a quarter an inch away from the straight axle, and that just won't fly. So I need to take care of that, maybe if I'm lucky have him construct a new transmission mount and then I'll be ready to putting body parts on for real.

Let's hope we can get the motor mounts taken care of rather quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment