Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shop Truck Update


Well a busy weekend, I suppose. On Saturday the Turlock Swap Meet was around so I went down there to see if I could find a new motor for the Shop Truck. No luck, but one guy had a 351w short block (no heads) that needed to be rebuilt and he only wanted $750! Wow, I could build a motor for less then that. As we were leaving, Frank and I saw a '58 that had been redone. The guy did an excellent job on it, had a Camaro front clip so it sat nice and low. There are things I would do different, but it was nice all the same. One thing I really like about it was the tailgate. On these 57-60 trucks, the stock tail gate looks like an after-thought to Ford, just pasted on the back, but his guy trimmed it down slightly and stuffed it to give it a finished look. The stock tailgate always bothered me, and I always wondered what I would do to it, and I think I found my answer.

On Sunday I went back down and I pulled the motor from the truck, I'll see if I can sell the thing, which I should be able to do, ad that money to the new motor fund. That was about it for the Shop Truck. I did help Frank with a couple of things on his truck and he did get to start it. Sounds pretty good, mostly because it had not headers. He still has to fine tune the thing, but considering it's been down for over a year, it was music to his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment